COMPUTER-ASSISTED LANGUAGE LEARNING
Theories & Practice
- The History of CALL. A PDF file of an introduction to the development of the Computer-Assisted Language Learning.
- Hot Potatoes. An excellent free Web authoring tool for language teachers.
- Cloze Generator. You can make blanks for every n-th word automatically, or make blanks of specific words manually.
- Web Frequency Indexer. Cut and paste an article, you will get a list of words used in the article with frequency numbers.
- Web Concordancer. You can search an online corpus for a word and display all the sentences in which the word occurs.
- British National Corpus. This website allows you to quickly and easily search the 100 million word British National Corpus (1970s-1993).
- lexical Tutor. A complete website for learning and learning about English words.
- CALICO. The Computer Assisted Language Instruction Consortium, a professional organization involved in both education and technology.
- APACALL. Asia-Pacific Association for Computer-Assisted Language learning.