L and R Combos
Please install the free flash player to listen to the story.
Part 1: Which do you hear? R or L
Part 2: Which word is different?
Example: brush blush brush
1. glow grow grow
2. fright fright flight
3. frame flame frame
4. pray play play
5. bright bright blight
Part 3: Repeat these words
1. glean green
2. flies - fries
3. cloud - crowd
4. elect erect
5. collect correct
6. glass grass
7. present pleasant
Part 4: Now repeat the following sentences. If the word has a R sound, put a
check on your paper.
Example: It sure is a bright day.
1. That is an interesting cloud.
2. Dont step on that grass.
3. They have to correct the papers.
4. Those frames look very warm.
5. The crowd came quickly.
6. Its important to have time to play.
7. Wow! Thats really glowing.
8. We want the one thats right.