Pell and Pearl
Part 1: Recognition: Number 1 to 6. Ill say 3 words, which is different (1,2, or 3)
Example: pell pell pearl
1. gill girl gill
2. will whirl whirl
3. hurl hill hurl
4. twill twirl twirl
5. world world wool
6. cull cull curl
Part 2: Recognition: Which do you hear? Ill say a word. Is it L or RL sound?
Part 3: Which do you hear?
1. a. Did you see the burl? / b. Did you see the bull?
2. a. How do you spell twill? / b. How do you spell twirl?
3. a. They found some weird wool. / b. They found some weird world.
4. a. What kind of girl is that? / b. What kind of gill is that?
5. a. That was a long hurl. / b. That was a long hill.
Part 4: Sentences to practice
1. He was able to hurl the shot-put further than everyone else.
2. Those are some funny girls.
3. We sure live in an interesting world.
4. The cheerleaders enjoy twirling their batons high in the air.
5. He was blessed with getting a Pell grant last year.
6. That company finds some of the biggest pearls.
7. The wind was so loud it sounded like a whirlwind.