Shine and Fine
Please install the free flash player to listen to the story.
Part 1: Recognition: Number 1 to 6. Iíll say 3 words; which is different
(1,2, or 3)?
Example: shine Ė fine Ė shine
1. fade shade shade
2. fair fair share
3. fail shale fail
4. shallow shallow fallow
5. shun fun shun
6. short fort fort
Part 2: Recognition: Which do you hear? Iíll say a word. Is it SH or F sound?
Part 3: Which do you hear?
1. a. We saw a butterfly on a leaf.
b. We saw a butterfly on a leash.
2. a. They found a nice field.
b. They found a nice shield.
3. a. She likes the shawl.
b. She likes the fall.
4. a. We heard the freak.
b. We heard the shriek.
5. a. Some people fear animals.
b. Some people shear animals
Part 4: Sentences
1. Some people eat shark fin soup, and say it tastes delicious.
2. Donít dive in the shallow area. You can get hurt!
3. Being near a large fire can be very scary.
4. We canít believe how high the fees are for some things.
5. She saw a nice show with some of her friends.
6. Itís nice to find some sea shells at the beach.