Thigh and Shy
Please install the free flash player to listen to the story.
Part 1: Recognition: Number 1 to 6. I’ll say 3 words, which one is different
(1,2, or 3)
Example: thigh – shy – shy
1. shred shred thread
2. mash math math
3. shin thin shin
4. wish wish with
5. wrath rash wrath
6. shank thank thank
Part 2: Recognition: Which do you hear? I’ll say a word. Is it TH or SH
Part 3: Which do you hear?
1. a. She likes math.
b. She likes MASH.
2. a. There were a lot of sheaves.
b. There were a lot of thieves.
3. a. The blanket was left in threads after the dog chewed it.
b. The blanket was left in shreds after the dog chewed it.
4. a. That was a nice bash.
b. That was a nice bath.
5. a. Never show your rash.
b. Never show your wrath.
Part 4: Sentences
1. She’s showing her new shoes to her friends.
2. It’s important to send a thank you card.
3. They will take a math class next semester.
4. Her happiness really shined after having her baby.
5. Those tomatoes are really thriving.
6. They left out the lasagna so it could thaw out.