- Touch Typing. Free Program that lets you exercise and learn Touch Typing.
- Type Racer. The global typing competition. Increase your typing speed while racing against others.
Writing Exercises for Beginners
- Ron's ESL Blogs. For ESL teachers to exchange ideas and for ESL students to practice writing.
- Daily Writing Prompts. Reveal inner thoughts, and share personal observations with the help of the carefully crafted "idea joggers".
- Essay Structure. Basic essay structure, and structure of essays of all different kinds.
- ESL Bee. For high intermediate or advanced English learners who have never taken a formal English writing course.
- Writers' Workshop. Grammar handbook, citation styles, ESL resources, and writing tips, from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Writing Guides. A concise, resource that will help you write solid college essays, research papers and book reports.
- Essay Info. Basics of essay writing, writing tips, essay types, citation styles, and so on.
- English the Easy Way. Improve your Writing Skills including help with writing a resume and cover letters.
- Common Mistakes. A collection of some of the most frequently misspelled, commonly confused and easily misused words.
- Good Essay Topics. A collection of great topics for your college paper or essay, and 10 tips for choosing a thrilling essay Topic.
Format & Styles
- APA Style. Official website of the American Psychological Association.
- Technical Writing. An online textbook for technical writing. It's also a good online reference book.
- Web Style Guide. An unabridged, online version of the third edition of Web Style Guide: Basic Design Principles for Creating Web Sites, by Patrick J. Lynch and Sarah Horton.
- Web Concordancer. You can search an online corpus for a word and display all the sentences in which the word occurs.