- A fool and his money are soon parted.
- A moneyless man goes fast through market.
- He that would eat the fruit must climb the tree.
- Keep a thing for seven years and you'll always find a use for it.
- Penny wise, pound foolish.
- Six hours sleep for a man, seven for a woman, and eight for a fool.
- Take care of the pence and the pounds will take care of themselves.
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
- Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
- Fear of death is worse than death itself.
- Laughter is the best medicine.
- Prevention is better than cure.
- Time cures all things.
- Time is a great healer.
- A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
- Business before pleasure.
- Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.
- Don't put the cart before the horse.
- Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
- Everybody's business is nobody's business.
- Great minds think alike.
- Haste makes waste.
- He is the best general who makes the fewest mistakes.
- He knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing.
- He that cannot obey cannot command.
- He who is master of himself will soon be master of others.
- He who rides a tiger is afraid to dismount.
- He whose face gives no light, shall never become a star.
- Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
- If you can't beat them, join them.
- If you run after two hares, you'll catch neither.
- It is best to be on the safe side.
- More haste, less speed.
- Too many cooks spoil the broth.
- When in doubt, do nothing.
Honesty and Integrity
- Better die with honor than live in shame.
- Do unto others as you would like them to do unto you.
- Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
- Honesty is the best policy.