- Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
- Appearances are deceptive.
- Beauty is only skin-deep.
- First impressions are the most lasting.
- God conceals himself from the mind of man, but reveals himself to his heart.
- Let bygones be bygones.
- Love is blind.
- Love makes the world go round.
- Love sees no faults.
- Never judge from appearances.
- Never marry for money but marry where money is.
- No rose without a thorn.
- The beautiful is less what one sees than what one dreams.
- The quarrel of lovers is the renewal of love.
- True love never grows old.
- Variety is the spice of life.
- When poverty comes in at the door, love flies out of the window.
- When the heart overflows, it comes out through the mouth.