- A book holds a house of gold.
- A fault confessed is half redressed.
- A little pot is soon hot.
- A rolling stone gathers no moss.
- A stitch in time saves nine.
- A teacher will appear when the student is ready.
- Ask the experienced rather than the learned.
- Diligence is the mother of good luck.
- Don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today.
- Eat to live, not live to eat.
- Empty sacks will never stand upright.
- Even a clock that does not work is right twice a day.
- Every cloud has a silver lining.
- Every man has his faults.
- Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.
- Experience is the best teacher.
- He who laughs last, laughs best.
- If you don't make mistakes, you don't make anything.
- Little strokes fell great oaks.
- Make hay while the sun shines.
- Necessity is the mother of invention.
- No pain, no gain.
- Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
- Spare the rod and spoil the child.
- The early bird catches the worm.
- The first step is the hardest.
- The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
- There's a first time for everything.
- Thinking without learning is a dangerous thing.
- To err is human.
- Where there is a will, there is a way.
- You never know what is enough unless you know more than enough.
- You never know what you can do till you try.