- A fool and his money are soon parted.
- A moneyless man goes fast through market.
- He that would eat the fruit must climb the tree.
- Keep a thing for seven years and you'll always find a use for it.
- Penny wise, pound foolish.
- Six hours sleep for a man, seven for a woman, and eight for a fool.
- Take care of the pence and the pounds will take care of themselves.
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
- Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
- Fear of death is worse than death itself.
- Laughter is the best medicine.
- Prevention is better than cure.
- Time cures all things.
- Time is a great healer.