- A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
- Business before pleasure.
- Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.
- Don't put the cart before the horse.
- Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
- Everybody's business is nobody's business.
- Great minds think alike.
- Haste makes waste.
- He is the best general who makes the fewest mistakes.
- He knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing.
- He that cannot obey cannot command.
- He who is master of himself will soon be master of others.
- He who rides a tiger is afraid to dismount.
- He whose face gives no light, shall never become a star.
- Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
- If you can't beat them, join them.
- If you run after two hares, you'll catch neither.
- It is best to be on the safe side.
- More haste, less speed.
- Too many cooks spoil the broth.
- When in doubt, do nothing.
Honesty and Integrity
- Better die with honor than live in shame.
- Do unto others as you would like them to do unto you.
- Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
- Honesty is the best policy.