11. Mother's Day – A Holiday to Honor Motherhood
What is the origin of Mother's Day?
- Mothers wanted a day to get presents.
- To celebrate Mother Theresa's birthday.
- To honor mothers whose sons had died in war.
- Mothers wanted a similar day like Father's Day.
What does it mean if people wear a red or white carnation?
- A red carnation means love, and a white carnation means friendship.
- A red carnation means friendship, and a white carnation means love.
- A red carnation means your mother was dead, and a white means she is alive.
- A red carnation means your mother is alive, and a white means she is dead.
What was Anna Jarvis arrested for?
- She disturbed the peace protesting Mother's Day.
- She stole roses.
- She commercialized Mother's Day.
- She broke up a Mother's Day protest.
What does the word 'commercialized' mean?
- Making things look bigger than they actually are
- Commenting on an economical situation.
- Making something popular enough to be sold.
- Socializing with common people.
When does Mother's Day occur?
- The second Sunday in March.
- The first Sunday in December.
- The first Sunday in April.
- The second Sunday in May.