12. Father's Day – A Holiday to Honor Fatherhood
Which event led to the creation of Father's Day?
- The beginning of World War II.
- Mining accident in West Virginia.
- The earthquake of 1882.
- The ending of World War I.
What was the problem with the invention of Father's Day?
- Mothers thought it was unfair.
- People complained that fathers didn't deserve a holiday.
- People didn't want another commercialized holiday.
- There were already too many holidays.
What types of gifts do fathers traditionally receive?
- Ties, tools, and electronics.
- Whiskey, coats, and a car.
- Electronics, newspapers, and beers.
- Belts, smartphones, and pants.
What is a barbecue?
- A social event where people sing songs.
- A social event where people cook stuff outside.
- A traditional family union.
- A social gathering for men only.
In which season does Father's Day land?
- The fall.
- The spring.
- The summer.
- The winter.