With its rapid growth in population, the city _____ in all directions in the past five years.
- Why did you go back to the shop?
- I left my friend _____ there.
- Where is my blue shirt?
- It's in the washing machine. You have to wear _____ different one.
People have heard what the President has said; they are waiting to see _____ he will do.
If you're driving to the airport, can you give me a _____?
Four of Robert's children were at the party, including _____, Luke.
Naturally, after I tell her what to do, my daughter _____ go and do the opposite!
The manager, _____ his factory's products were poor in quality, decided to give his workers further training.
- Thanks for the lovely party and the delicious food.
Sally worked late in the evening to finish her report _____ her boss could read it first thing next morning.
Mr. Hall understands that _____ math has always been easy for him, it is not easy for the students.
The man we followed suddenly stopped and looked as if _____ whether he was going in the right direction.
The silence of the library _____ only by the sound of pages being turned over.
- Your coffee smells great!
- It's from Mexico. Would you like _____?
Perhaps we need to clear away these books to make _____ for our new students.