Part 1: Recognition: Number 1 to 6. Iíll say 3 words; which is different (1, 2, or 3)?
Example: jelled Ė shelled Ė shelled
1. jeep jeep sheep
2. shirk jerk shirk
3. jingle shingle shingle
4. jail shale jail
5. shoot jute jute
6. shade shade jade
Part 2: Recognition: Which do you hear? Iíll say a word. Is it J or SH sound?
Part 3: Which do you hear?
1. a. That wasnít a good jam. / b. That wasnít a good sham.
2. a. She likes shade. / b. She likes jade.
3. a. The jail was expensive. / b. The shale was expensive.
4. a. We heard them sheer. / b. We heard them jeer.
5. a. They jelled all the acorns. / b. They shelled all the acorns.
Part 4: Sentences
1. They like having some jam on their toast.
2. Some of the sheep will be sheared this week.
3. Nobody wants to spend much time in jail.
4. She bought some lovely jade jewelry last year.
5. Her jaw hurts her just before going to bed.
6. They sang a nice jingle the other night.