Part 1: Recognition: Number 1 to 6. Iíll say 3 words; which is different (1,2, or 3)?
Example: shine Ė fine Ė shine
1. fade shade shade
2. fair fair share
3. fail shale fail
4. shallow shallow fallow
5. shun fun shun
6. short fort fort
Part 2: Recognition: Which do you hear? Iíll say a word. Is it SH or F sound?
Part 3: Which do you hear?
1. a. We saw a butterfly on a leaf. / b. We saw a butterfly on a leash.
2. a. They found a nice field. / b. They found a nice shield.
3. a. She likes the shawl. / b. She likes the fall.
4. a. We heard the freak. / b. We heard the shriek.
5. a. Some people fear animals. / b. Some people shear animals
Part 4: Sentences
1. Some people eat shark fin soup, and say it tastes delicious.
2. Donít dive in the shallow area. You can get hurt!
3. Being near a large fire can be very scary.
4. We canít believe how high the fees are for some things.
5. She saw a nice show with some of her friends.
6. Itís nice to find some sea shells at the beach.