Part 1: Dictation
1. His hut is rather simple.
2. They found a big knot.
3. It is fun to test my luck.
4. Sheís not in the mood.
5. Whatís wrong with that hood?
Part 2: Recognition. Which do you hear?
1. Hood Hut Hook Hoot
2. Put Poke Puke Puck
3. Nook Nuke Nut Knot
4. Shoot Shut Shook Shot
5. Got Goose Goat Gust
Part 3: Some sentences to practice
1. Where is my hood? Itís getting cold out.
2. We donít want to live in a hut. Is that all we can afford?
3. You should get some better hooks before going fishing again.
4. Some owls have loud hoots that we can hear at night.
5. Where did they put the stuff? I canít find it!!
6. Donít poke your sister in the eye! She might get hurt.
7. Donít puke in the car! Thatís disgusting!!
8. We canít find the puck for the air hockey game. Have you seen it?
9. They have a nice nook in their kitchen. Itís great eating in that spot of their house.
10. Many people are afraid some crazy person will get ahold of a nuke and use it.
11. Those nuts are delicious. Where did you get them?
12. He tied a fancy knot with the rope.
13. Shooting a gun can be painful. Itís as easy as it looks in the movies.
14. She accidentally shut the door on her momís fingers. What a tragedy!
15. We shook the presidentís hand with great smiles on our faces.
16. Unfortunately we heard another shot last night.
17. Weíve got to do that tonight. There wonít be enough time tomorrow.
18. There was a goose running around in his backyard.
19. Some people like drinking goat milk and think it tastes delicious.
20. There was a strong gust of wind in the middle of the night, and it woke us up.