Mayor Denies Hit-and-Run Charge
How did the witness recognize the car?
- She saw the driver through the window.
- She caught sight of the license number.
- She saw the bull horns on the hood.
- She noticed his clothes.
How did Emily know that was the mayor’s car?
- Because it was very expensive.
- Because that was the only one in town with bull horns on the hood.
- Because it was glowing.
- Because it was a special model.
When did the sheriff go to the mayor’s house?
- He went there the next morning.
- He went there the next day.
- He went there soon after Emily told him about the accident.
- He did not go to the mayor's house.
What did the mayor suggest?
- Having a big barbecue the next day.
- Going to see Farmer Brown.
- Having a party to say sorry to Farmer Brown.
- Getting that calf buried at once.
Which of the following is not true?
- The mayor was surprised to find the missing piece in the sheriff’s hand.
- He knew he had killed a calf.
- He suggested a big barbecue the next day.
- He invited Farmer Brown in person.