What did the robber use to frighten the teller into giving him the money?
- A real hand grenade.
- A pistol.
- A rifle.
- A dummy hand grenade.
How did the people in the lobby respond to his frightening remarks?
- Everyone was frightened and began to flee, including the security guard.
- Everyone was frightened and began to flee except the security guard.
- Only the security guard and the teller kept calm.
- Nobody was afraid of him.
Why did the man give in so easily?
- Because he could neither see nor hear.
- Because he realized the police had known his hand grenade was a harmless dummy.
- Because he couldn’t see, though he could hear.
- Because he saw there were so many policemen.
What did the police do upon seeing the hand grenade on the sidewalk?
- One policeman examined it.
- The police did nothing.
- The police had the bank sealed off.
- The police told everyone to get back.
What does “chuckle” (in the last paragraph) mean?