Man Gets 12 Years for Fraud
Why were people so easily swindled by Bruce Jones?
- Because people heard of him before.
- Because people tend to trust the persons they see on TV.
- Because he appeared to be learned.
- Because he was a famous news announcer.
How many examples were used in the passage to show that Bruce Jones had cheated and would continue to cheat people out of their money?
How was “NoCal” used, according to Bruce Jones?
- By taking it after lunch.
- By taking it before lunch.
- By drinking it with honey.
- By spraying it on food.
Why did the judge change Jones’s sentence from 10 years to 12 years?
- Because the judge found him still cheating.
- Because the judge wanted to sell the CDs himself.
- Because the judge wanted to show he was strict.
- Because the judge was afraid Bruce Jones would take revenge on him.
Which of the following is true?
- Bruce Jones wasn’t really ashamed of himself.
- Bruce Jones felt sorry for what he had done.
- The judge trusted Bruce Jones.
- “NoCal ” was very effective.