What has USDA approved?
- French fries are safe to eat.
- French fries are fresh vegetables.
- Cucumbers are free vegetables.
- Wax can be used to keep vegetables fresh.
What has the French fry industry been petitioning the USDA for years?
- To increase the price of French fries.
- To allow French fries to be sold overseas.
- To categorize French fries as "fresh vegetables".
- To approve French fries to be deep fried.
What does "lobbyist" mean?
- A fresh vegetable.
- A government official.
- A person who is standing in the lobby.
- An activist who seeks to influence law-makers.
How does the USDA defend its decision?
- Potatoes are not regarded as fruit.
- Potatoes will rot just as fresh vegetables do.
- The decision was made by voting.
- It is in the best interests of consumers.
Most consumers ______________________.
- do not like the USDA's decision.
- do not care about the USDA's decision.
- regarded it as a good decision.
- believe the decision is fair.