There Goes the Neighborhood
Carbon Street is quiet except for ______.
- the sound made by birds and jetplanes.
- the noise made by leaf blowers or lawn movers.
- the noise made by people at weekend parties.
- dogs barking occassionally.
Why did Mr. Bing want to build a big house?
- He wanted to do something big to make himself known.
- He had to build a house that big on this street.
- He had a big family.
- He wanted to have more space for his children.
Why didn’t the neighbours sue Mr. Bing?
- Because he was a powerful government official.
- Because they would move away soon.
- Because it would increase the value of their own houses.
- Because he had too much money.
What does the word “nightmare” in the last paragraph mean?
- A wonderful dream.
- A terrible situation.
- A beautiful view.
- A mare that goes out only at night.
The big house is _______________.
- under construction
- making much noise now
- still a plan
- only partially completed