Pump Up the Tires and Ride the Bike
Why couldn’t the bike stand upright by itself ?
- Because the kickstand was broken.
- Because the kickstand was missing.
- Because there was no room for it.
- Because the tires were flat.
Why did Owen clean up his apartment?
- His parents were coming to visit him.
- He just got a new roommate.
- The apartment was too messy.
- The termite inspector would inspect his apartment.
We can infer from the passage that ________________________.
- Owen was a well-known writer
- the summer was hot
- Owen had at least two pumps
- the refrigerator didn’t work well
What does "air gauge" mean in the third line of paragraph 4.
- An instrument to measure the air pressure.
- Something to make it easier to pump air.
- Something to make the pump look better.
- A bag that holds the extra air.
The bike was ready to ride, but Owen didn't ride it because ____________________.
- he was tired
- he was hungry
- it was getting dark
- all of the above